Normally I like to give credit to the blogger that I get all my wonderful craft ideas from, but this particular craft has been done on so many blogs that I have no idea where I originally got it from. So this Christmas I decided to get a little crafty and make my gifts a little more personal! I had no idea how useful Freezer paper is .. I mean this stuff is awesome :) so here is how I make some super cute backpacks for my nieces and nephews ...
2. Get a nice pair of siccors and an exacto knife.
3. cut out all sorts of fun shapes
4. buy a cute bag. I got a dozen of these for $7 from Oriental Trading Company.
5. Heat up the iron. I used a medium heat setting.
6. position your cute shapes on the bag with the shiny side down. This is very important one side of the freezer paper is shiny and the other is rough. If you put it shiny side up it will take you forever to clean your iron :(
7. Buy yourself some spray paint. I bought these at Home Depot for $3 each.
8. wear a dorky mask becuase your husband says you have to :)
9. spray paint your bag. Be sure to put it on a surface you don't care about becuase spray paint gets everywhere!!
11. run to the arts and crafts store and buy some glitter paint and paint brush for $10
12. paint your cute shapes with glitter paint and then admire your work!!
Obviously I didn't glitter paint the truck backpack :) ,but I think these turned out pretty cute and all the girls where so excited to see what shape we had picked out for them! and the best part ... for a total of $31 I finished 8 christmas gifts!! Not bad if I do say so.














Those turned out super, super cute!! :) ~Mom
ReplyDelete