Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pinterest Love - organized socks and Fudge Revel Bars

I'm back for another week of


my first project was really simple!! I hate matching socks ... who does really? I avoid the matching game by buy all white socks for the man cub and my husband, then they all get shoved into a sock drawer and they can pull any two out. This system wasn't working with my Chunky Monkey. There don't seem to be any plain white socks in his size :( So I end up digging around trying to find a match ... no good!! I found this awesome idea and knew that would work. My only problem was I shouldn't be using sharp things. So instead of safety pins I used paper clips. And viola!! Organized socks!


 

 


My baking experiment for the week were these yummy bars!!


First layer in the pan!!


on to the fudgy part. Realize I don't have condensed milk only evaporated milk. My not good at cooking brain thought they are the same right? ...

no they are not the same!! my fudgy part looks like poo water :( cryed a little inside while I dumped it down the drain.

 didn't want to waste the rest so I sprinkled it generously with Chocolate Chips!

doesn't look to bad!!

they weren't very desserty, so I added some vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. Perfection!!

Looking foward to trying these again with the fudgy part!!


2 comments:

  1. You had me laughing out loud with the "poo water". I wouldn't have known that condensed/evaporated milk weren't the same thing either. Looks like your treat still came out delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm.... poo water. You poor thing. Nice save, though. After all, chocolate syrup and ice cream can save anything!

    ReplyDelete